Request throttling

srithar jeevadurai srijeevadurai1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 15:47:10 CEST 2015

Dear Friends,

Can we do throttling of no of request in process queue at freeRadius?

FreeRadius is depending on mysql, if mysql db connectivity is down for some
time then GGSN will feed freeRadius.

Radius server may run into the 'child hung' issue then we need to restart
freeRadius.

To avoid child hung and restart of system. Can we do following?

1) Apply a cap on freeRadius processing queue i.e. if backlog on processing
queue is more than 50000 request then reject requests further request until
it comes down less than 50000.

It will avoid child hung issue.

My understanding on child hung:

1) If backlog is more in processing queue then it will spend time on
processing head of the queue.
2) messages are reaching age limit of unattended age limit at tail of the
queue.
3) Due to that child hung is happening.

--
Regards,