LDAP redundancy at Freeradius 3.0.8

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 8 03:13:00 CEST 2015

On Jul 7, 2015, at 5:50 PM, Ing. Martin Samek <samekma1 at fel.cvut.cz> wrote:
> I'm trying find out how to correctly configure LDAP server redundacy in Freeradius 3.0.8. I dig trough mailing list archive, found some configuration snippets, but configuration doesn't work for me.

  The first question is: what kind of redundancy do you want?

  Do you want to use the LDAP servers as databases, and let FreeRADIUS do the authentication?  Or do you want to pass the name/password to LDAP, and have the LDAP servers do the authentication?

  The answer for "how to correctly configure LDAP server redundancy" depends on the answer to those questions.

> according to this i altered site inner-tunnel configuration to

  You don't need to do that.  See this page for how the "redundant" keyword works.

http://networkradius.com/doc/3.0.7/unlang/redundant.html

  See also "man unlang", which has similar text.