"[eap] = reject" after "Calling eap_md5 to process EAP data"

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 8 14:25:29 CEST 2015

On Jul 8, 2015, at 4:27 AM, Zeus Panchenko <zeus at ibs.dn.ua> wrote:
> just have written rewrite_mac_auth_user_name in likeness of
> rewrite_calling_station_id and it works, User-Name is rewritten but now
> I receive EAP complain regarding EAP-Identity which differs from the
> rewritten User-Name ...

  Well, I did say doing that would break EAP.

  The solution is to put the "fixed" User-Name into the Stripped-User-Name attribute.  The default configuration uses that in preference to User-Name.

  It's meant for getting "user at example.com" and then looking up "user" in a database.  But using it to "fix" the MAC address will be fine, too.