LDAP redundancy at Freeradius 3.0.8

Ing. Martin Samek samekma1 at fel.cvut.cz
Wed Jul 8 14:40:18 CEST 2015

Hi,
>    The first question is: what kind of redundancy do you want?
>
>    Do you want to use the LDAP servers as databases, and let FreeRADIUS do the authentication?  Or do you want to pass the name/password to LDAP, and have the LDAP servers do the authentication?
>
>    The answer for "how to correctly configure LDAP server redundancy" depends on the answer to those questions.
We are using LDAP as a password database and FreeRADIUS is doing
authentication. Ldap is defined like follows:

ldap feld {

         server = 'ldaps://ldap.location2.tld.cz:636'

         identity = 'uid=blah,ou=Special Users,o=blah.cz'

         password = blah

         base_dn = 'ou=People,o=blah.cz'

         update {

                 control:Cleartext-Password      := 'mobilitypassword'

                 reply:Tunnel-Private-Group-ID   += 'departmentNumber'

         }

>> according to this i altered site inner-tunnel configuration to
>    You don't need to do that.  See this page for how the "redundant" keyword works.
>
> http://networkradius.com/doc/3.0.7/unlang/redundant.html
>
>    See also "man unlang", which has similar text.
>
>    Alan DeKok.
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Thanks.