no-auth type error

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 10 02:38:12 CEST 2015

On Jul 9, 2015, at 8:07 PM, Ross c6 <ross at convergingtrails.com> wrote:

> OK - problem fixed.  For all the clueless like me out there I suspect the
> problem was:
>
> 1) Radiusd needs to be restarted if you change the users file ?  What this
> will show up is if there are any problems in the users file.  I am not sure
> if this is the recommended approach as it is not mentioned anywhere in the
> troubleshooting or the testing notes.

  It's in the documentation.  And it's also the standard Unix practice.  Configuration files are loaded on start, or re-loaded on HUP.  Nothing else.

> 2) What it did show up when restarting was two issues:  A spelling mistake
> in my Cleartext statement, and it appears as if "tab" must be used and not
> "space".  Again could not find anything in the troubleshooting or other
> getting started guides so not sure if this is the case.  It certainly fixed
> my problem.

  It's in the "man" page for the "users" file.

> If the above are indeed requirements - can they be added to the section for
> beginners please and hopefully save hours and hours of trying to get
> something we are unfamiliar with working.?

  We can add more documentation.  But at some point, I have to question the value of re-documenting things which are already extensively documented.