Tough time getting FreeRADIUS 3.0.9 to work with mysql

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 13 22:58:06 CEST 2015

On Jul 12, 2015, at 7:27 PM, Kwesi Yankson via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> Hello,I am a freeRADIUS 2.x user and want to start using freeRADIUS 3.x.xI have installed freeRADIUS 3.0.9 and done a lot of reading since I want to avoid being told to "RTFM"I can't seem to get an Access-Accept when I do a radtest for MySQL users. I'm sure I'm missing something (still adjusting to the difference between the two version).  Can someone help or point me in the right direction?  Below is my debug:.
> (1) sql: EXPAND SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op FROM radcheck WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}' ORDER BY id
> (1) sql:    --> SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op FROM radcheck WHERE username = 'me' ORDER BY id
> (1) sql: Executing select query: SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op FROM radcheck WHERE username = 'me' ORDER BY id
> rlm_sql (sql): Released connection (7)
> rlm_sql (sql): 0 of 1 connections in use.  Need more spares
> rlm_sql (sql): Opening additional connection (8), 1 of 31 pending slots used
> (1)     [sql] = not found

  So... that SELECT statement returns nothing.  What happens when you run the SELECT statement by hand?  What does it return?

  That's why the SELECT is printed in debug mode... so you can see for yourself what's going on.

  Odds are that it doesn't work because there's no row in radchekc with "username = me".  That should be simple enough to fix.