Handling multiple customers with one radius instance

Manfred Wolf Manfred.Wolf at cosmokey.com
Tue Jul 14 16:01:16 CEST 2015

Hello everyone,

we want to install one central freeradius that handles requests from
multiple
customers. Nearly all the handling for those customers is the same. Even the
database should be the same. Just the namespace for each customer's
users should
be different, so that for example customer1 and customer2 can both have
a joe
user.
We're currently using the default sql user database, but this one
doesn't seem
to support this directly. On the other hand, we want
radiusclient1.customer1 and
radiusclient2.customer1 to be handled identically.
Is there a special module that could help us achieving this or what
would be the
best way to solve this kind of problem?

We have searched around and come across a few possible ways tho we are
not sure
if they are good or would work at all. Anyway, those are:
1. Somehow check for the client IP using sql queries. Tho this way it
might be
hard if not impossible to that vpnserver1.customer1 and
vpnserver2.customer2
both belong to customer1

2. Something with using realms. If it is possible with virtual servers
to force
customers in realms and then later check in the database for those realms to
determine the customers.

3. A custom unlang or similar script that would filter the clients by
our needs

Kind regards,
Manfred

--
CosmoKey GmbH & Co. KG,
Amtsgericht Bielefeld HRA 16201,

Walther-Rathenau-Str. 39
33602 Bielefeld
Germany

Telefon: 0151-43144121
Telefax: 0521-69983
Email: info at cosmokey.de

CosmoKey GmbH & Co. KG USt-ID: DE296278210
CosmoKey GmbH USt-ID:          DE296278201