MySQL Authentication Problem (v3.0.3)

Kwesi Yankson kkwised at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 22:21:16 CEST 2015

Allan, I posted a very similar problem. I used := and the problem still persisted.In the debug, when I started freeradius with -X, there was a line that said "connecting to mysql server" . After this line, there was no success or failure.  That was when I used freeRADIUS 3.0.8.Sorry for this but his debug looked so much like mine.
@Pyromancer: Please use := and let's see what happens

     On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 8:17 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

 On Jul 15, 2015, at 4:10 PM, Pyromancer <pyromancer at inkubus-sukkubus.co.uk> wrote:
> The database entry looks like this:
>
> mysql> SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op FROM radcheck WHERE
> username = 'xktester' ORDER BY id;
> +------+------------+----------------------+------------------------------+----+
> | id  | username  | attribute            | value                        |
> op |
> | 3983 | xktester  | Cleartext-Password  | correct_horse_battery_staple |
> == |

  Using "==" is wrong.  Use ":=".

  See the Wiki, and look for rlm_sql.  This is documented there.

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html