Should this be here?

Alex Sharaz alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk
Mon Jul 20 16:14:22 CEST 2015

On 20 Jul 2015, at 13:52, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I've just built and installed 3.0.9
>
> what configure flags? fresh install shows no such error here

just ran ./configure nothing extra

However,  just remembered that with 3.0.9, what I actually got was

root at prodn2:/usr/local/src# cd freeradius-server-3.0.9
root at prodn2:/usr/local/src/freeradius-server-3.0.9# make
CC src/modules/rlm_ldap/sasl.c
src/modules/rlm_ldap/sasl.c:31:23: fatal error: sasl/sasl.h: No such file or directory
 #include <sasl/sasl.h>
                       ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/objs/src/modules/rlm_ldap/sasl.lo] Error 1

I had to exclude building rlm_ldap before 3.0.9 would build. This is on a digital ocean Ubuntu 14.04 VM. At that point I got the errors about proto_auth and proto_acct.

I then went back to 3.0.8  ( deleted raddb, deleted source dir, unpacked 3.0.8 from tar file and built that, again just using ./configure and this time that built o.k. but still get the proto_auth and proto_acct errors.

On another VM .. different hosting company, 3.0.9 built just fine and didn't get the sasl.h error. but still get the proto_XXX errors