Migrating from Mikrotik NAS to FreeBSD

Cassiano Peixoto peixotocassiano at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 16:51:33 CEST 2015

Hi guys,

I've been using Mikrotik as NAS for years, but i think now it's time to
make some changes, and im thinking to replace it with FreeBSD+MPD
consulting my freeradius.

The problem is i still have to keep some mikrotik NAS in my network and i
can't change mikrotik database attributes. I'd like to migrate
transparently.

I have in my freeradius database mikrotik attributes like
Mikrotik-Rate-Limit. But MPD uses mpd-limit attribute. So my question is,
what is the best way to replace Mikrotik-Rate-Limit with mpd-limit in a
radius request? When an user connect via pppoe+mpd it will look for
mpd-limit attribute on freeradius database, that doesn't exist, but it have
to get the info from Mikrotik-Rate-Limit values, and send it back to
pppoe+mpd with the right values got from Mikrotik-Rate-Limit Attribute.

Has anyone done something like this before?

Thanks.