AD Authentication using PAM_winbind.so succeeds, but FreeRadius 3.0.4 rejects with "Failed to Authenticate User"

Nathan Ward lists+freeradius at daork.net
Sun Jul 26 03:35:58 CEST 2015

> On 26/07/2015, at 09:05, Josh Miller <jmills5901 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Am I missing something?

Yes, you are running FC22 but are installing a package targeting FC23. Try the FC22 package on the page you linked to, or build your own 3.0.9 package.

Also, the FreeRADIUS wiki page that you reference talked about building the RPMs on that page from source, not downloading and installing binary ones - you can’t skim read instructions for links and ignore the rest of the text.

Anyway, the FC22 3.0.8 RPM on that page will probably work for you, to get you 3.0.8, though I can’t vouch for it. It’s not in FC22 yet, it’s only a candidate, so YMMV etc.

If I were in your shoes I’d take the FC22 SRPM and modify it so you get 3.0.9, assuming you’re comfortable with building packages. This is (roughly) how I run 3.0.9 on RHEL, and it works well so can vouch for this approach. You’ll want to audit the patches that are included to make sure they’re still required etc.

--
Nathan Ward