How to differentiate between vpn user and appliance user?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 27 13:07:31 CEST 2015

On Jul 26, 2015, at 3:01 PM, D C <dc12078 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah ok,  I tried authenticate with no luck.  Now I'm using authorize, but
> still having the same issue.  It looks like the ldap module is authorizing
> the request, so even now I am still too late in the pipeline.

  Most of the "ldap" lines are it doing the LDAP-Group checks.

> Here is my config with comments removed, and the output of radiusd -X from
> just "one" login attempt.  I am expecting it to fail because my vpn user is
> not authorized for an admin login.  However,  I am getting 3x login
> attempts which i believe is because ldap bind authorized it.

  You've changed the unlang rules you posted before.  Why?

  As an example, what do you expect this to do?

  switch Connect-Info {
    case "vpn-ssl" {
      if ((LDAP-Group == "superAdmins-VPN") || (LDAP-Group == "readAdmins-VPN") || (LDAP-Group == "users-VPN")) {
        update reply {
          Reply-Message += "VPN access granted by LDAP group membership."
        }
        ok
      }
      else {
        update reply {
          Reply-Message += "VPN access denied by LDAP group membership."
        }
        ok

  So... if the LDAP group *doesn't* match, you have it do "ok", instead of "reject".  Why?