duplicate acctuniqueid problem

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 4 15:17:46 CEST 2015

On Jun 4, 2015, at 7:02 AM, d tbsky <tbskyd at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3. use my notebook to login AP. fr can not create a new accounting
> entry, it seems "Acct-Session-Id" will be reused

  Your AP is broken.  Throw it in the garbage, and buy one that follows the RADIUS standards.  RFC 2866 Section 5.5 says that the Acct-Session-Id is unique to each session.

  We recognize that that some vendors get it slightly wrong, which is why we create the "unique" session ID.

  An AP vendor using the *same* Acct-Session-Id for all sessions isn't a bug.  It's incompetence.  It's from someone who cares so little about the standards and their customers, that they will ship you a steaming pile of garbage, then take you money, and run.

> is the behavior expected? how can I setup to prevent it?

  Buy an AP that isn't garbage.

  No amount of poking FreeRADIUS will make the AP follow the RADIUS standards.