Problem with Simultaneous-Use

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 9 19:50:13 CEST 2015

On Jun 9, 2015, at 9:17 AM, Felipe Lopez Placencio <felipe.lopez at pucv.cl> wrote:
> In no case our intention was not share the debug output, only that
> initially we did not understand correctly your ask. Sorry once again...
>
> Here is the output of the debug:

  Which shows that the NAS is sending *almost* exactly the same information for the two logins.  The only difference is the Calling-Station-Id.  So if you want to check for Simultaneous-Use, log the Calling-Station-Id to a database, and ensure that there are only a few unique ones.  You should be able to update the simultaneous-use checks in the SQL module. And I'd suggest using that instead of radutmp for Simultaneous-Use checks.

  But... the packets are weird.  How does the client have an IP address, if it isn't on the network?

  And why is the NAS sending an *IP address* inside of Calling-Station-Id?  It's supposed to be a MAC address.

  That's just bad practice on the part of the vendor.