duplicate acctuniqueid problem

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 07:07:26 CEST 2015

Hi:

> On Jun 9, 2015, at 1:33 AM, d tbsky <tbskyd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>   after some trying and testing, now I add "%l" to the last
>> acct-unique-id, so it becomes:
>
>   Don't do that.  That means the Acct-Unique-Id depends on the time the packet was received, which means it's always different.
>
>   The intention behind the attribute was to identify a user's session.  Therefore, it is calculated from attributes which identify the user session.  Like NAS-IP-Address, NAS-Port, etc.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

   you are right. the Acct-Unique-Id will change for every accounting
request. but in current freeradius "queries.conf" design, it seems
works fine. because in "queries.conf", "Acct-Unique-Session-Id" is
only used when creating new record. when freeradius need to update
existing record, it only use "acctsessionid + username +
nasipaddress", but not "acctuniqid".  I don't know why freeradius
create the id for every accounting  request but only use it once.
since it is only used once so my setting works. although I don't know
this is a good thing or bad thing...

Regards,
tbskyd