eap instantiation errors

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 11 16:10:58 CEST 2015

On Jun 11, 2015, at 9:22 AM, Paul Manyika <paurosi at justice.com> wrote:
>   I am trying co configure free radius on a freebsd10 server
>   When i try to run "radiusd -X" I get
>   rlm_eap: No such sub-type for default EAP type ttls
>   /usr/local/etc/raddb/eap.conf[17]: Instantiation failed for module
>   "eap"
>   /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[312]: Failed to find "eap"
>   in the "modules" section.
>   /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[254]: Errors parsing
>   authenticate section.
>   Can someone pliz show me what i did wrong?

  You edited the default configuration and broke it.  Don't do that.  The default EAP type is EAP-MD5 for a reason.  Because it lets the server start when TTLS isn't available.

  I think you didn't install the OpenSSL development headers and libraries.  They're needed for TTLS.  You will need to install them, and then re-build and re-install the server.