how do I define in my dictionary the vendor of format Extended-Vendor-Specific-1

Vereecke, Katrien (Katrien) katrien.vereecke at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Jun 12 12:24:11 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am using freeradius-server-3.0.8.

I am trying to use the extended-vendor-sepcific-1 attribute as specified in RC6929.

How can I indicate in my dictionary that the vendor must be according to the extended-vendor-specific format?

I added the following in a new dictionary file:
VENDOR          Alcatel-IPD-Ext-1               241.26.6527

BEGIN-VENDOR    Alcatel-IPD-Ext-1
ATTRIBUTE   Alc-Ext-TestAttr-1  1  integer
END-VENDOR      Alcatel-IPD-Ext-1

This gives no problems when starting the radius server, but the attribute is not sent in the extended-vendor-specific format but still in the old way VSA.

I found in the http://freeradius.org/radiusd/man/dictionary.txt that :

 "You  can  also  use  "format=Extended-Vendor-Specific-1",  through
   "format=Extended-Vendor-Specific-6".   These  define  VSAs   in the
   "extended vendor-specific" space"

but this gives errors :
Errors reading dictionary: dict_init: /usr/local/share/freeradius/dictionary.alcatel.sr.ext[15]: Invalid format for VENDOR.  Expected text like "1,1", got "Extended-Vendor-Specific-1"

Could you please help in how this should be done?

Thanks.