Authenticate to LDAP with GSSAPI

William william at firstyear.id.au
Sun Jun 14 03:07:20 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have researched this topic and am unable to find examples or previous
mailing lists queries about this specific issue.

My issue is NOT using GSSAPI/krb5 to authenticate users and LDAP for
user details.

I have LDAP for authentication and user details with EAP, but I wish
for the radiusd ldap connections to authenticate to the ldap server
with GSSAPI (IE keytab / service account).

The equivalent commands in userspace is:

ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI '(objectClass=*)'

I am unable to find references in the documentation as to how to
achieve this.

For example my current setup is:

mods-enabled/ldap

ldap {
        # ... snip ...
        identity =
"krbprincipalname=radius/example.com,cn=services,cn=accounts,dc=example
,dc=com"
        password = foo

}

I would hopefully aim to have something akin to:

ldap {
        # ... snip ...
        identity =
"krbprincipalname=radius/example.com,cn=services,cn=accounts,dc=example
,dc=com"
        krb5_keytab = /etc/raddb/krb5.keytab
        krb5_principal = radius/example.com
}

Or even a combination of the keytab settings in mods-enabled/krb5 and
mods-enabled/ldap.

Does anyone have any experience with such configuration or whether
freeradius supports the behaviour I would like to achieve?

Sincerely,

William