moving from WPA2 to WPA2 Enterprise

Ben Humpert ben at an3k.de
Tue Jun 23 19:01:44 CEST 2015

> Hi,

Hallo nach Aachen :)

> 2)
> What do I have to consider when choosing the common name for the
> certificate?

common name has to be the same as the user entry in eg. FR
clients.conf or uid in LDAP. In short: common name = username. As an
alternative you can specify any common name you want but then have to
enable the "use different username" option. I know that Android
(tested with 4.4) and iOS (5, 6, 7) and Windows can do that.

In case of iOS you'll definitely have to use the "iPhone
Konfigurationsprogramm" (which is no longer availabe at apple or
supported at all but still works well with iOS 5,6,7,8) or the
replacement tool but that is only available on MacOS. If you manually
install the certificates you'll experience many weird problems like
"device is connected to wifi but super slow or no data is flowing at
all".