FreeRadius PAP authentication for Non-EAPOL clients on Avaya 5500 switch.

jan hugo prins jhp at jhprins.org
Sun Mar 1 23:10:50 CET 2015

I know the issues with MAC authentication. The solution Avaya gives us
is the best thing we have at the moment for these devices. At least it
locks a MAC address to a specific port on the switch and any other port
you try the MAC address on will block. And for our company is not very
big we think that the changes of anyone hijacking a MAC address on the
fixed network in one of the work area's is very small. And the problem
is on the agenda, so anything new we buy in the future will not have
this problem.

Jan Hugo