Weird issue - threads bottleneck in post-proxy section

"RESTOUX, Loïc" loic.restoux at capgemini.com
Tue Mar 3 11:01:02 CET 2015

Hi Alan,

Le 02/03/2015 17:14, Alan DeKok wrote :
> What happens when you use the “ok” module instead of your custom one?
> It might be down to bad interactions with the scheduler.

Do you mean the "always" module ? No problem at all with it, the rate is
very good with an invocation in post-proxy section.

To be honest, we used custom-made modules for years without any problem,
but they all execute very quickly (around 2 or 3 ms). The issue seems to
appear if there are blocking (or time-consuming ?) operations in
post-proxy and I'm not sure it is related to modules. So far, we
encountered the issue with:
- rlm_rest requesting a high loaded REST server.
- rlm_exec invoking the /bin/sleep command (however in this case the
rate is as bad in pre-proxy as in post-proxy so we can't rely on the
result).
- rlm_lrs which calls usleep().

During this tests, we do not see high CPU or memory consumption. This is
like FreeRadius have nothing to do.

If it's a scheduler problem, should we not see that all threads are
active, but blocked somewhere ?

Regards,
--
/LRS/