Expansion of \t and \n in message with linelong module

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Mar 12 14:30:44 CET 2015

>> Accounting packets are probably the right choice here.
>>
>> The longer term goal for the server is to extend the “originate-coa” functionality.  The server could receive an Access-Request, and just initiate an Accounting-Request, instead of going through a detail file.  Doing that requires some more architecture changes, which Arran and I will start in the >new year.
>
> Have there been any further thoughts/changes on either expansion of escaped characters in the linelog or coa functionality?
>
> I can see from the git commit that's there's been some changes around these areas, especially around xlat but a cursory try of  both 3.0.7 and head from git suggest not, although I could easily be doing something wrong.
>
> In the immediate future to allow me to  run on a recent FreeRadius version would I be better trying to proceed with getting a configuration running with correct_escapes = false?

In v3.1.x you can use attribute references, which use the raw attribute value.

For example if you set

	format = &Tmp-String-0

update request {
	Tmp-String-0 := "foo\nbar"
}

It would write:

foo
bar

You can also use the multi attribute selector

	format = &Tmp-String-0[*]

and log all instances with a line delimiter after each instance.

The line delimiter can also be customised.

Is that sufficient?

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team