Odd behavior?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Mar 13 16:34:17 CET 2015

Hi,

> We're running on a CentOS 6.6 system, with FR v2.1.12, which is the
> package that is distributed by CentOS/RH.  Each day, the logrotate
> routing rotates the radius.log (and compresses it), and then restarts
> FR.  This morning, however, the radius log showed that the process
> restarted, but that it did absolutely nothing for the next two hours and
> 13 minutes.

dont restart the FR process...just use copytruncate as the method in logrotate
- thus meaning that if you are using eg EAP cache, the cache stays... also, looks
like you are not restarting the service fully but just HUP'ing - 2.1.12 is very very old
and so many things have been fixed since that release.  if not using 3.0.7 then
at least look at upgrading to 2.2.6  (which is actually config compatible to your version so
minor work to change)

alan