errors after migration

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Mar 18 22:03:56 CET 2015

Hi,

> I recently migrated my Radius server to a new machine but it's
> giving me errors now when I try to start it. I had to change
> permissions in /etc/raddb to 755 in order to get it to start (even
> 750 wouldn't work) but I know that isn't an ideal long-term
> solution.
> I am on CentOS 6.5 with FreeRadius version 2.1.12.
>   Thanks in advance.
>
> Wed Mar 18 11:34:55 2015 : Error: rlm_eap: SSL error
> error:0200100D:system library:fopen:Permission denied

ensure that you have the correct permissions on all subdiretories...if you check
radiusd.conf to see what user/group you are running the server as,

usually  on RH/centos/etc systems its radiusd:radiusd  so

chown -R radiusd:radiusd /etc/raddb

is enough for this issue to be resolved.

..then you've got SELinux stuff to deal with....did you just copy these files across?
you might need to restorecon -Rv on the directory too

alan