Publishing an EAP-TLS WPA2 Enterprise Setup Guide on the Wiki(Jasvinder S. Bahra)

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Sun May 17 10:39:37 CEST 2015

Hello,

> I've (finally!) gotten around to trying to get the apple devices onto
> the wifi network.
>
> I've looked at the websites you mentioned, but i''m a reluctant to
> create an account and download software to generate an XML text file.

You seem to be a bit confused here ... 802.1x-config.org doesn't require
you to set up an account - you can re-use your Google Account if you
have one.

You also don't need to download any software to craft the XML file
(wondering how you got that impression?). You need to *up*load the
essential parts of your config - the root CA, specify the server name of
the server certificate, and tell the system which EAP types you want in
your XML.

That's all. You get the XML file then.

?

I'm really very sure it takes much more time and effort to take an
existing XML file from someone else and re-engineer it suit your needs.

Anyway... if you want an example: there are thousands. Take any one you
like from cat.eduroam.org or 802.1x-config.org. They are openly
accessible because they do not contain anything remotely sensitive!
That's their whole point ... public configuration information for all
users of the EAP deployment.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter