Authentication us mySQL and AD(LDAP)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue May 26 14:24:24 CEST 2015

On May 25, 2015, at 10:06 PM, chenjiang <chenjiang at microshield.com.cn> wrote:
>   Sorry for disturbing, I am struggleing with FreeRADIUS user
>   authentication through Windows AD(LDAP), but I found when enable LDAP
>   mySQL backend is not works any more.

  That shouldn't happen.  Odds are something else is going wrong.

>   From debug output(radius -X), we found even mySQL module returns
>   OK,FreeRADIUS still returns Accept-Reject when LDAP module returns
>   fail.

  Well, if the LDAP module fails, that's a problem.

>     [ldap] ldap_search() failed: Operations error

  Read raddb/modules/ldap.  Look for "operations error".  If it doesn't appear there, upgrade to 2.2.8.  This issue is fixed, and documented.

  And yes, you can use LDAP and MySQL at the same time.  There's no magic.  You just use both, and both work.