FreeRadius - Version porting

srithar jeevadurai srijeevadurai1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 07:35:50 CET 2015

Dear Friends,

I am trying to compile freeRadius 3.0.9. on Solaris 10 environment.
Initially I have faced the error "configure: error: FreeRADIUS requires
libtalloc".

I have installed the libtalloc.so.2 on my server.

*amsterdam-lbr@/opt/csw/lib>ls -ltr *talloc**
*-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin        69184 Mar  6  2015 libtalloc.so.2.1.1*
*lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          18 Nov  3 13:23 libtalloc.so.2 ->
libtalloc.so.2.1.1*
*amsterdam-lbr@/opt/csw/lib>*

After installing the same, I tried to compile v3.0.9 however still I am
facing the error.

Command used:

user@/export/home/rad/freeradius-server-3.0.9>./configure
--with-talloc-lib-dir=/opt/csw/lib/  --prefix=$INSTALL_DIR/RADIUS_STACK

Error:

checking for grep... (cached) /usr/sfw/bin//ggrep
checking for _talloc in -ltalloc in */opt/csw/lib/*... no
checking for _talloc in -ltalloc... no
checking for _talloc in -ltalloc in /usr/local/lib... no
checking for _talloc in -ltalloc in /opt/lib... no
*configure: WARNING: talloc library not found. Use
--with-talloc-lib-dir=<path>.*
*configure: error: FreeRADIUS requires libtalloc*
amsterdam-lbr@
/secaaa/ACCESS_GATEWAY_4.1/FSS_AAG/RADIUS_STACK/freeradius-server-3.0.9>

Can you please help me to fix the same?

Regards,
Srithar