erx router and coa requests

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 19 18:16:35 CET 2015

On Nov 19, 2015, at 12:11 PM, Bill Schoolfield <bill at billmax.com> wrote:
> This isn't freeradius specific per se but I can't find anything on the web about this. Maybe someone here has experience with this.

  Oh, yes.

> I'm trying to drop a session using radclient:
>
> Sending Disconnect-Request of id 169 to 204.101.13.1 port 1700
>        User-Name = "someid at example.com"
>        Acct-Session-Id = "erx ip:67.69.123.10:67.69.201.164:1698:d542:29da:ae8e:33d542:002"

  You would think that would work, right?

  I spent a *long* time in the IETF RADEXT working group arguing that RFC 5176 should allow that.  The vendors refused... because all of their equipment would immediately become non-compliant.

> rad_recv: Disconnect-NAK packet from host 204.101.13.1 port 1700, id=169, length=26
>        Error-Cause = Session-Context-Not-Found

  Yup.

> But regardless of what I try I can't seem to send the right attrs to get (ie. find) an active session dropped.

  Yup.  And if you send *too many* attributes, it will complain with "Unsupported attribute".

> The NAS is a Juniper Edge Routing Switch ERX-310. Best I can tell I have the right attrs. Including others results in Unsupported attr error. Omitting either of these two results in attr missing error.
>
> Does anybody know the what should be passed? Here is the radacct record for the session:

  Typically send the same attributes you see in an Accounting-Request packet.  And hope for the best.