FreeRadius 3.0.4

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Nov 20 04:25:41 CET 2015

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 6:23 AM, Oscar Jofre <oscar at jofre.com> wrote:

> The database MariaDB 10.x is running on a different server with more RAM
> and
> CPU.

Do you have a monitoring system setup on THAT server? In particular,
something to monitor its disk IOPS usage?
If you don't, a realtime "iostat -mx 3" on that server will suffice during
tests.

> I have 10.000 test users connectes with PPoE with 5 minutes timeout and
> interim every 1 minute.

Interim 1 minute? really? Is that how you REAL production environment is
going to be, or is it just a method to test db scalability? 15 minutes - 1
hour interim should generally be acceptable in production environment.

DB write operations (including one caused by interim updates) are generally
much more expensive than read operations. 1 minute interim for 10k
connected users would roughly equal to average of 167 insert/update
operations on the DB. That would translate to several times the number of
that in disk random write IOPS, probably to around 300-1k IOPS. An average
consumer SSD can handle that easily, but a HDD will not be able to provide
that number of random write IOPS.

> As Alan Dekok told this duplicate key error is because FreeRadius 3.0.4 .
> but I'm not able to compile and install newer version because is not on the
> Centos_7 repository ..

You're not able to COMPILE? Why?
Is there a reason that prevents you from building FR RPM from latest 3.x
source? If you encounter an error when building it, post the errors so that
it can be fixed.

> Is there any PATCH or file I can modify to fix this error ?
>

> 2)
>

> I modify max_spare_server to 400 and still you probably need to increase
> spare . wich value do you think could be ok ?
>

> Do I need to modify any other value ?

I'd say leave FR alone for now, and check your db disk performance. Then
either adjust your test scenario, or adjust your hardware.

--
Fajar