FreeRadius - Version porting

srithar jeevadurai srijeevadurai1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 08:35:51 CET 2015

Hi Alan,

I am facing same error however this time grep command error message (usage
statement) is different since it is GNU grep.

Error while using solaris grep:

/bin/sh: test: argument expected
/bin/sh: s,#[\\t ]*ifdef[\\t ]*" $2 "$,#if "$3 ",g;s,#[\\t ]*ifndef[\\t ]*"
$2 "$,#if !"$3 ",g;s,defined(" $2 ")," $3 ",g;"}: not found
gmake: *** [src/include/autoconf.sed] Error 1
Usage: *grep -hblcnsviw pattern file* . . .

Error while using GNU grep (on Solaris):

gmake
/bin/sh: test: argument expected
/bin/sh: s,#[\\t ]*ifdef[\\t ]*" $2 "$,#if "$3 ",g;s,#[\\t ]*ifndef[\\t ]*"
$2 "$,#if !"$3 ",g;s,defined(" $2 ")," $3 ",g;"}: not found
gmake: *** [src/include/autoconf.sed] Error 1
*Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...*
Try 'grep --help' for more information.

I could see following error message in the config.log file

>grep error config.log
conftest.c:32: error: `not' undeclared (first use in this function)
conftest.c:32: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
conftest.c:32: error: for each function it appears in.)
conftest.c:32: error: syntax error before "clang"
configure:4354: gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -std=c99 -D_GNU_SOURCE -Werror
-Qunused-arguments -foobar  conftest.c >&5
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-foobar"
conftest.c:34: error: size of array `off_t_is_large' is negative
conftest.c:28: error: syntax error before "a"
conftest.c:30: error: syntax error before "typedef"
conftest.c:34: error: `bogus' undeclared (first use in this function)
conftest.c:34: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
conftest.c:34: error: for each function it appears in.)
conftest.c:34: error: syntax error before "endian"
configure:6122: gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -std=c99 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT
-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -Werror -pthread  conftest.c >&5
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
/usr/include/stdbool.h:42:2: #error "Use of <stdbool.h> is valid only in a
c99 compilation environment."
conftest.c:127: error: syntax error before ')' token
conftest.c:127: error: syntax error before ')' token
conftest.c:127: error: syntax error before ')' token
conftest.c:127: error: syntax error before ')' token
conftest.c:106: error: `uint128_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
conftest.c:106: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
conftest.c:106: error: for each function it appears in.)
conftest.c:102: error: syntax error before ')' token
conftest.c:106: error: syntax error before ')' token
conftest.c:103: error: syntax error before ')' token
conftest.c:113: error: syntax error before ')' token
conftest.c:105: error: `sig_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
conftest.c:105: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
conftest.c:105: error: for each function it appears in.)
conftest.c:105: error: syntax error before "func"
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
conftest.c:133: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
/usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp//ccc8jvhw.s", line 164: error: statement syntax
/usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp//ccc8jvhw.s", line 164: error: statement syntax
/usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp//ccc8jvhw.s", line 164: error: statement syntax
conftest.c:132: error: syntax error before "int"
conftest.c:132: error: syntax error before "int"
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
|             if ((argc < 0) || !argv) return 1; /*
-Werror=unused-parameter */
configure:10742: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -std=c99 -D_GNU_SOURCE
-D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5 -DNDEBUG -Werror
  -isystem /opt/csw/include//   conftest.c -lnsl -lresolv -lsocket -ldl
-lposix4 -lpthread  >&5
|             if ((argc < 0) || !argv) return 1; /*
-Werror=unused-parameter */
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
conftest.c:146: error: too many arguments to function `gethostbyaddr_r'
conftest.c:147: error: too many arguments to function `gethostbyname_r'
conftest.c:151: error: too many arguments to function `ctime_r'

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 11:33 AM, srithar jeevadurai <
srijeevadurai1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alan,
> thanks a lot for your reply. I am sorry if the qs was very basic (&
> stupid). once again thanks a lot. I will try those steps.
> On Nov 22, 2015 7:11 AM, "Alan DeKok" <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>
>> On Nov 21, 2015, at 2:11 PM, srithar jeevadurai <srijeevadurai1 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > It tried by adding ggrep path in PATH variable as first path even
>> though I
>> > am getting same error message.
>> >
>> > My doubt is that gmake command calls a script which uses grep however
>> gun
>> > grep in solaris is grep.
>>
>>   This is Unix 101.
>>
>> $ cd $HOME