FreeBSD rlm_sql_postgresql "could not link driver rlm_sql: ..."

Mathieu Simon (Lists) matsimon.lists at simweb.ch
Sun Oct 11 21:58:40 CEST 2015

Hi Alan

Am 11.10.2015 um 21:35 schrieb Alan Buxey:
> /usr/local/lib/freeradius-3.0.10/rlm_sql_postgresql.so

This path is due to some lines in the FreeBSD port Makefile in the
configure arguments for what I've seen.

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/net/freeradius3/Makefile?revision=399077&view=markup#l314

> Am interesting path.  What's your LDD path and what's the path set to in freeradius config file?

Do you mean this line in radiusd.conf?
libdir = /usr/local/lib/freeradius-3.0.10

I'm otherwise looking at the port a bit closer and realized that i.e.
rlm_sql_unixodbc gets loaded without issues, that is without a linker error.

I guess this didn't appear earlier because the Postgres option isn't
enabled by default, nor does it yield a build failure - and neither it's
enabled in the default configuration. Must have slipped through somewhere.

-- Mathieu