src/modules/rlm_eap: Which types are stable?

Mathieu Simon (Lists) matsimon.lists at simweb.ch
Tue Oct 13 13:36:27 CEST 2015

Hi Stefan and list

Am 13.10.2015 um 12:20 schrieb Stefan Paetow:

[...]

> eap2 was removed in v3. See Arran's post here: http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2014-September/073588.html
Concluding that the freeradius.org/features/eap.html  is in fact
outdated in terms of v3.x.

> The FreeRADIUS source. If the product doesn't support the EAP type(s) you want to use/support, [...]
That's not the question I asked, I asked for the whereabouts
saying which rlm_eap driver is considered stable with the current releases.

I have located information with via src/modules/stable and i.e.
src/modules/rlm_sql/stable indicating which modules are considered
stable and thus built without the --with-experimental configure
switch.(Based on Github when selecting v2.2.9 and v3.0.10 release tags)

However such a compareable file is not present in src/modules/rlm_eap.

Thus I'd have initially reasoned:
src/modules/stable contains rlm_eap, so every driver inside should be
stable, right? But then I see the outdated webpage features/eap.html ...

In case of rlm_eap_ikev2:
features/eap.html says it's experimental, but we know it's content
likely outdated.

I am not very familiar with the codebase, but I've scanned through
src/modules/rlm_eap/ and its subfolder rlm_eap_ikev2 on both latest
v2.2.9 and v3.0.10 tags and couldn't find a mentioning about it being
experimental.

I admit: I may have overlooked something, but I've gone back till 2.0.0
where it was was first part of a release.

> you're encouraged to contribute this to the FR effort [...]

I am more than willing to contribute an update to that page - as soon I
have certain information. :-)

I've likely found responsible github repo for this page:
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/www.freeradius.org/blob/master/features/eap.html

Regards,
Mathieu