Setting up a Proxy Server as a load balancer to bypass winbind/samba bottleneck

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Oct 16 18:06:59 CEST 2015

On 16/10/15 16:53, Walter Reynolds wrote:

> my options for load balancing will still send all auth request from my one
> large controller to a single server as the source IP will all be the same
> under client-balance.

There's a bunch of reasons this might not help which I don't have time
to go into right now (or it might) but this isn't one of them.

See "keyed-balance". You can choose to loadbalance the request on any
value in the packet you like. Obviously pick to to be consistent between
EAP packets - User-Name or Calling-Station-Id or some combination of them.