Troubleshooting Help Request

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 21 20:59:51 CEST 2015

On Oct 21, 2015, at 1:19 PM, Todd H Raymond <traymond at csc.com> wrote:
>   This request concerns an issue I see often in the posts. Yet, for all
>   the efforts made leveraging the posted answers, I have failed to
>   resolve this common question. My assigned task was is to successfully
>   install and configure the freeradius (2.2.6) for AAA Server and 802.1x
>   review.

  Follow the guide at http://deployingradius.com/

  It *will* work.

> At this stage I have installed it, and got it to reject all
>   attempts to authenticate my test user.
>
>   I have attached the output from the raddb -X server run in debug as
>   well as the client side test user attempt using radtest.

  The key thing is:

(0)     [files] = noop

  i..e the user wasn't found in the "users" file.

 So... which file are you editing?  Make sure it's the same file that the server is reading.

>   I have followed the "startup and test" recommendations that are in the
>   freeradius website. I have modified (SIMPLY) the /etc/raddb/users file
>   as recommended.

  Except that the server is reading /usr/local/etc/raddb/users

  And it's *printing this out in the debug output*.

 That's why we say to READ the debug output.  Everything you need is in it.