3.0.10 fails to start (OpenSuse 13.2)

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Oct 28 17:49:28 CET 2015

Stefan Paetow wrote:
>> Because it would be unnecessary bloat in cross-version .spec files.
>
> Oh dear. It's the end of the world that! I'd rather have a .spec file that
> properly manages dependencies than install something only for it to blow
> up because someone didn't specify the dependencies properly :-)
>
>> I'd say everybody installing packages not directly shipped by the
>> distribution
>> should be familiar enough to choose a version-specific repo.
>
> That's lovely. Provided the specific version actually stays up to date
> (which is all too often not the case).

Come on guys! If you have installed openSUSE 13.2 which one of the sub
directories herein would you use as additional repo?

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network/

Nothing/nobody is perfect, not freeradius, not openSUSE, not FreeBSD, not
whatever. But I think one can expect people to think for a short moment about
what they're doing.

And the worst thing to do is defaming something/somebody without knowing the
details or for denying own faults.

Ciao, Michael.