3.0.10 fails to start (OpenSuse 13.2)

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Oct 29 10:11:16 CET 2015

Thomas Stather wrote:
> I tried to build my own OpenSuse 13.2 using the .spec file included in the
> official tarball and
>
> rpmbuild -bb freeradius.spec
>
> The compile process starts but then i get an error:

Sorry, I'm not sure whether your build system is really clean. I suspect there
are more things screwed up by local installation of other packages.

So please get an OBS account and branch the package. Then adjust your
repo/build options to build solely for openSUSE 13.2 (OBS is pretty busy so be
friendly). OBS builds are always done in a clean VM set up from scratch
according to BuildRequire in .spec which avoids any locally messed up
dependencies causing unpredictible build behaviour.

After that you can add your own repo with "zypper addrepo".

Look at my branch package as an example here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:stroeder:branches:network/freeradius-server

This gets off-topic here. I'd suggest to subscribe to the opensuse-packaging
mailing list if you have openSUSE specific build issues.

Ciao, Michael.