User authentication - users config file and MySQL databases

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 9 16:39:32 CEST 2015

On Sep 9, 2015, at 10:26 AM, Alexandre Vilarinho <vilarinhomail-dev at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> I would like to transfer all the configured users in the user conf file to MySQL database, is it possible?

  If you do it right.

> I've configured Radius to work with MySQL and created a test user in radcheck database with a test password. Folllow the entry.
> username - testeattribute - cleartext-passwordop - :=value - teste
> I also created an entry in radreply database the following entry.
> username - testeattribute - fall-throughop - =value - yes
> For this test all others databases are empty.
> I've started freeradius in debug mode to see if there where any erros, but there wasn't. The log file output.
> Tue Sep  8 23:53:00 2015 : Info: rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #2Tue Sep  8 23:53:00 2015 : Info: rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #3Tue Sep  8 23:53:00 2015 : Info: rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #3Tue Sep  8 23:53:00 2015 : Info: rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #3Tue Sep  8 23:53:00 2015 : Info: rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #4Tue Sep  8 23:53:00 2015 : Info: rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #4Tue Sep  8 23:53:00 2015 : Info: rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #4Tue Sep  8 23:53:00 2015 : Info: Loaded virtual server inner-tunnelTue Sep  8 23:53:00 2015 : Info:  ... adding new socket proxy address * port 52669Tue Sep  8 23:53:00 2015 : Info: Ready to process requests.

  a) horrible formatted.  It isn't difficult to fix that.

  b) it doesn't show the server receiving any packets.

  i.e. the debug output is completely useless.

> After radius server was running I tested if the user, teste, was going to be authenticated, and it wasn't. I've received an Reject message.

  We don't care about the output from the client.

  We DO care that people follow instructions.

> Neither the debug or the log show if Freeradius was searching for this user to the user conf file or in MySQL databases.

  Because you didn't read the debug output from when the server RECEIVED A PACKET.

  That's the entire reason for running it in debug mode.  To see what happens when the server RECEIVES A PACKET.

  Good luck solving the problem.  You're going to need it.  I've been trying to help you, and you haven't followed simple instructions.  So there's nothing more I can do for you.