User authentication - users config file and MySQL databases

Alexandre Oliveira acvoliveira at icloud.com
Wed Sep 9 18:00:19 CEST 2015

I could be wrong but in the following output from Freeradius -X, doesn’t it shows the link between freeradius and mysql?

rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_mysql (module rlm_sql_mysql) loaded and linked
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to radius at localhost:/radius
rlm_sql (sql): starting 0
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #0
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #0
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #0
rlm_sql (sql): starting 1
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #1
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #1
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #1
rlm_sql (sql): starting 2
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #2
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #2
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #2
rlm_sql (sql): starting 3
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #3
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #3
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #3
rlm_sql (sql): starting 4
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #4
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #4
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #4
rlm_sql (sql): Processing generate_sql_clients
rlm_sql (sql) in generate_sql_clients: query is SELECT id, nasname, shortname, type, secret, server FROM nas
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
rlm_sql_mysql: query:  SELECT id, nasname, shortname, type, secret, server FROM nas
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4
 Module: Checking accounting {...} for more modules to load
 Module: Checking session {...} for more modules to load
 Module: Checking post-proxy {...} for more modules to load
 Module: Checking post-auth {...} for more modules to load
 } # modules
} # server
radiusd: #### Opening IP addresses and Ports ####
listen {
	type = "auth"
	ipaddr = *
	port = 0
}
listen {
	type = "acct"
	ipaddr = *
	port = 0
}
listen {
	type = "auth"
	ipaddr = 127.0.0.1
	port = 18120
}
 ... adding new socket proxy address * port 41681
Listening on authentication address * port 1812
Listening on accounting address * port 1813
Listening on authentication address 127.0.0.1 port 18120 as server inner-tunnel
Listening on proxy address * port 1814
Ready to process requests.

I’ve checked the inner-tunnel file and I’ve found that in says to see “Authorization Queries” and “Authentication logging queries” in sql.conf, but when i search for them in my sql.conf but when I search for them in the sql.conf file I find  the following.

# Allow for storing data after authentication
        postauth_table = "radpostauth"

        authcheck_table = "radcheck"
        authreply_table = "radreply"

        groupcheck_table = "radgroupcheck"