Questions regarding trimming User-Name attribute via filter.

Pro Green European pro_green_european at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 22:43:53 CEST 2015

Hi.

I'm having issues with migrating from 2.1.0 to 3.0.4 (Centos 7.x).

In version 2.1.0 I have in /etc/freeradius/users:

DEFAULT User-Name =~ ".{5}$"
       	User-Name = `%{0}`

This does not work anymore, and I am struggling to understand how to achieve the same thing in 3.0.4.

What I want to achieve is, that anything that comes before the last five characters should be removed from the User-Name attribute, and only the last five characters should be left as User-Name.

I understand that I have to do this in /etc/raddb/policy.d/filter somehow, but I fail to see how.

Would somebody with better knowledge please assist.

BR,
/PGE