Proxied Access-Challenge requests are missing AVPs

Leonardo Arena rnalrd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 13:24:36 CEST 2015

On ven, 2015-09-11 at 11:19 +0100, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

> >> Weird, unless you list a filter module in post-proxy the response should be forwarded.  You're using a very out of date version of v3.0.x though, try 3.0.9 and see if you still see the same issue.
> >>

> > I'm using default attr-filter module (see below) and AFAICS it's used
> > only by inner-tunnel, and I don't have any post-proxy file.
> >
> > I'll give a shot with 3.0.9 although with 3.0.4 clients.conf changed
> > syntax IIRC and that's why we stick with 3.0.3. Upgrading clients.conf
> > in 200+ installations does not look an attractive option. :)
>
> clients.conf from 3.0.3 should be compatible with 3.0.9.  It'll just issue a few warnings.

Unfortunately this does not seem to be case:

/etc/raddb# rc-service radiusd start
 * Caching service dependencies ... [ ok ]
 * /var/run/radiusd: correcting mode
 * /var/run/radiusd: correcting owner
 * Starting Freeradius ... * start-stop-daemon: failed to start
`/usr/sbin/radiusd'
 * Failed to start radiusd

[ !! ]
 * ERROR: radiusd failed to start

/etc/raddb# radiusd -X
[...]
/etc/raddb/clients.conf[1]: No 'ipaddr' or 'ipv4addr' or 'ipv6addr'
configuration directive found in client 127.0.0.1/8

Am I missing anything?

- leo