Dropping NAS-Port AVP from Acct-Unique-Session-Id by default

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Sep 18 18:38:55 CEST 2015

Hi,

>   I will NOT break the default configuration so that it works "better" for one set of users, at the expense of another set of users.  It's OK for you to not need NAS-Port in Acct-Unique-Session-Id.  But other people need it there.

t'is true - but some people ave it with it making no difference...hello Cisco LWAPP/CAPWAP people
who'll find their NAS-Port is always 19 or 29 (depending on firmware release version ;-) )

> > Intent being specifying, for typical deployment scenarios, that you're
> > doing wired/wireless 802.1X or instead something with dial-up /DSL
> > concentrators.

thats where something like a managed service/applicance kicks in with Wizards and
various other thigns to completely tweak the configuration.   what if I use my RADIUS
server for more than 1 task (as I do?)  :-)

>   It is almost impossible to set up the default configuration to automatically detect these things.  There are just too many unknowns.

something I'm looking at is some further examples that will help the initial install. people are then free
to choose to use such virtual-servers or module configs....

alan