EAP-FAST Support

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Sep 21 11:20:22 CEST 2015

Hi,

> There likely to be issues with FreeRADIUS 2.2.x here therefore.
> (It may be worth ensuring only TLS 1.0 gets used for EAP-FAST in 2.2.9.)

IIRC if you wanted to use FAST with v2.x you needed to use the EAP2
experimental module which then offloads everything to the hostapd
libraries - so its uses THAT library stuff for all the TLS etc.
given that we have no recent reports of anyone using that , successfully
or unsuccessfully..... and anyone who does didnt heed the
"DO NOT USE IT IN A PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT" warning.... who knows!!  thats
why its not in 3.x  :)

alan