The Case of the Disappearing Attribute

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 23 13:48:26 CEST 2015

On Sep 23, 2015, at 2:35 AM, Бен Томпсон <b.thompson at latera.ru> wrote:
> I am probably doing something wrong, but I can't figure out why I seem to
> be loosing attributes during the processing of a DHCP request.
> What I can't understand is why the attribute cannot be found later on in
> the processing of the request. This server is running the latest 3.0. and
> it is successfully processing other DHCP packets. The only difference I can
> see with this packet is that is from a locally attached client wheras the
> other clients are behind relays.

  Attributes don't just disappear.  They're removed only when requested.

> I would be grateful for any help.
>

> Here is the full debug:

  It's difficult to read that with the timestamps, and the forced wrapping at 80 columns.

  I'd suggest adding a simple "linelog" modules that writes something to a file, and then name that file using reply:DHCP-Your-IP-Address.

  Then, put references to that module all through the "discover" section.  You should see the attribute exist after "perl" runs.  Then some time later, it doesn't exist.  That at least tells you WHERE the attribute is disappearing.