Proxy packet code 1 sent Freeradius 3.0.4

Brad bradzynda42 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 25 02:33:53 CEST 2015

On 09/24/2015 02:57 PM, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> No other errors on radius -X (fixed the warnings about client ipaddr
>> being needed in clients)
>>
>> Connection receives request and ID's it then
>>
>> Invalid packet code 1 sent to a proxy port from home server x.x.x.x
>> port 37438 - ID 124 : IGNORED
> output of radiusd -X always handy - it shows us whats happening - also,
> whats your config?  FR is waiting on port 1812 for authentication...you're
> pointing the client to that, yes?
>
> alan
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
Hi Alan,

Yes all the hosts are pointing to the proxy port 1814 and allowed
through the clients list and should be passing through the inner tunnel
out the 1812 with the home servers list to the RSA servers.

I have not checked the network between the proxy and the RSA servers
yet, I'll do that in the morning, didn't think of it as an issue as I
have 3 other proxies set up the same way. Difference with this one is
Cent7 and FreeRadius 3.0.4, looking to upgrade.

What specific configs did you want to see? default, proxy, inner-tunnel
and radius?

Thanks,
Brad