Freeradius with Kamailio integration

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 28 17:46:35 CEST 2015

On Sep 28, 2015, at 11:39 AM, Marian Pandoranum <marian.pandoranum at europemail.com> wrote:
>   I have a problem regarding the integration between Freeradius and
>   Kamailio. In order to do that I followed this
>   tutorial [1]http://www.kamailio.org/docs/openser-radius-1.0.x.html .

  Hmm... third party web site, old, wrong advice...

  That's common.

>   Kamailio, radiusclient and freeradius are running on the same machine.
>   My config files includes the following:
>   /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf: ... modules { ... $INCLUDE sql.conf
>                                                                 $INCLUDE
>   ${confdir}/modules/  #here I have digest module
>                                                           }
>   /etc/raddb/dictionary: ... $INCLUDE

  PLEASE ensure that the configuration you post here is nicely formatted.  That makes it easy for us to help you.

>   /etc/radiusclient-ng/radiusclient.conf: authserver and acctserver =
>   localhost
>                                                            seqfile =
>   /var/run/kamailio_radius.seq     -----> should I have something set
>   here !?

  No idea.

>   /etc/radiusclient-ng/servers: localhost mysecret ---> Also, I've tried
>   127.0.0.1 mysecret   ---> the result is the same

  Result of what?  You didn't say.

>   I am using auth_radius module in kamailio.cfg but when I am running
>   radiusd -X i can't see any requests from Kamailio.

  So... fix the Komailio / openser thing to send packets.  Debug that end first.

>   Also, I am using radclient command like in the above link...and
>   everything it's OK. I am receiveing :
> code 2, length = 45
>        Reply-Message = "Hello, test with digest"

  That's good.

>   Did I miss something in the configuration process ?

  Probably.  The only advice I can offer is to debug the client which sends the RADIUS packets.  That is an issue for the client... not for FreeRADIUS.