buffered_sql problem

Ricardo LarraƱaga ricardo.larranaga at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 13:59:19 CEST 2015

Hello Guys:
Just as a refresh, i am working on this problem on i system where i use
buffered_sql. In this system, at times, the server stops processing the
buffered sql file (the file starts growing in length), and wont add more
accounting records until i restart the server. When i do that, the server
process every accounting record that was not processed so far, and
continues working normally until the next time this happens.

I was trying to follow Alan's recommendation on running the server in Debug
mode to catch when the issue happens. I did this by running the server with
radiusd -Xx > radiusdebug.log &

And started collecting detailed logs.
The the issue i ran into then is that the problem does not happen anymore.
I have been running the server in debug mode for weeks now, and i haven't
been able to catch one incident (Before, the incidents could be as often as
twice a week).

When running the radius server in debug mode, the server works in single
thread mode, correct? I wonder if the issue i am experiencing happens only
when the server runs in multi thread mode?

Anyway, i wanted to ask you if you have any recommendation on how to run
the server in multi thread mode and still get the full detailed debug
output. I was thinking about using raddebug with a time of 0 to capture in
a continous way, but i dont know if there is an extra flag to be able to
get the extra detail in the debug (-Xx) ?

Thaks a lot for your help.
Regards