audispd stopping radiusd due to memory violation

Christopher Michael Allison chris.m.allison at siu.edu
Fri Apr 1 15:00:19 CEST 2016

I am seeing this happen on one of our radius servers. We are running FreeRADIUS 3.0.11. This started happening more frequently on one of our radius. Yesterday has been the most it has done it. It was 3 times in like a 6 hour period. We had this issue when I first upgraded our servers to 3.0.11 but I found another avenue that this was due to and it was that the MozNSS compile openldap libraries were causing this issue. I have since fixed that I have compiled openldap based upon openssl and this has stopped happening on all our other servers. This one server keeps dying because of a memory violation. The error message follows:

audispd[902]: node="radius-server-hostname" type=ANOM_ABEND msg=audit(1459467717.181:189187): auid=4294967295 uid=977 gid=2010 ses=4294967295 subj=system_u:system_r:unconfined_service_t:s0 pid=40239 comm="radiusd" reason="memory violation" sig=11

Thanks,

CHRISTOPHER ALLISON
Network Engineer I

Information Technology
Mail Code 4622
625 Wham Drive
Carbondale, Illinois 62901

chris.m.allison at siu.edu<mailto:%20chris.m.allison at siu.edu>
M - F 7:30 AM - 4 PM
P: 618 / 453 - 8415
F: 618 / 453 - 5261
INFOTECH.SIU.EDU<http://infotech.siu.edu/>

[http://asset.siu.edu/_assets/images/email_sig/SIU_email_2line.gif]

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
Confucius