rlm_perl does not honor start_servers?

Igor Novgorodov igor at novg.net
Fri Apr 1 16:55:31 CEST 2016

On 01.04.2016 17:41, Alan DeKok wrote:
> On Apr 1, 2016, at 10:20 AM, Igor Novgorodov <igor at novg.net> wrote:
>> Ok, so there's no way to make it to initialize Perl's thread stuff when the server core threads are spawned?
>   No. Because the Perl modules are buried in a virtual server.  And because we have separate logical modules internally, the threads don't know about modules.
Got it.

>> My script is only 470 lines long, but it uses DBI module (and some minor others). Maybe it's quite complex and causing the slowdown.
>    The DBI module is huge.
>
>    If your Perl script is 470 lines, you can probably do all of that work in unlang.
Actually, i'm trying to migrate from unlang to Perl.
Because of unlang's poor syntax (such as returning only one value from
{%sql .. }) forces me to do more SQL queries and use some weird logic in
them.
So i'll better seek some workarounds with perl.

By the way, rlm_python is as slow in creating threads as rlm_perl? Maybe
i should try it.