FreeRADIUS 3 certificate issue on some Windows clients

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Apr 4 18:05:59 CEST 2016

hi,

>connection is successfully created after entering login credentials.  It
>seems like it's bypassing the ca.der certificate somehow. I have the same
>problem  with windows phone 7.X devices. Is there a way how to prevent this
>behaviour? The server shouldn't allow the connection, am I right?

what is the CA - a local one?  if not, perhaps Windows 10 and Phone 7 now ship with the CA
included.

as for 'server shouldnt allow connection' - nope. sorry, its a CLIENT decision whether to
trust the RADIUS server and CA cert - the client can happily be stupid and not verify the
server cert and theres nothing at the server end you can do to stop that behaviour :/

- not going off to random google docs - please post debug inline on this list as per list instructions.

many thanks

alan