Forward Accounting Packets to Fortiage - need help

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 6 17:39:22 CEST 2016

On Apr 6, 2016, at 9:22 AM, Eby Mani via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.12, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

  You should really upgrade.  2.1.12 is many years out of date.

> I'm trying to send copy of accounting packets to Fortigate. Is there any official documentation / example for this ?.

  There is a lot of documentation on proxying.  There is no documentation for "how do I configure vendor X product Y firmware Z".

  If the product does RADIUS, then normal RADIUS configuration will work.  If the product doesn't do RADIUS, throw it in the garbage and buy one that does RADIUS.

> I'm trying to get "Group" info of authenticated users for providing access to other networks thru RSSO.

  Doesl the Fortigate documentation say it returns a group in a RADIUS attribute?

  If not, then it's impossible.

> I configured as per the following blog,
> https://freeradiustips.wordpress.com/2015/02/17/forward-accounting-packets-to-secondary-radius-server/

  That's better than most, but I'm still amazed at the work people put into *not* reading the documentation that comes with FreeRADIUS.

> Fortigate interface is listening for Radius Accounting packets, yet i'm not getting any accounting packets from freeRadius. Not sure i've missed anything vital.

  Run the server in debugging mode as suggested in the FAQ, "man" pages, web pages, and daily on this list.

  This is documented.